EAGER TO SERVE INC - Individual and Family Soci
Top Reasons To Volunteer
- Gain Professional Experience - Gaining work experience is a valuable asset when looking for a job. A student out of college is more likely to land a solid job with work experience and a degree rather than just a college degree.
- Meet New People - Meeting new people is a great way to propel yourself forward. Regardless of how well you know your craft, or how resourceful and how much education you have, you will need someone to help you along the way.
- Personal Enrichment - "So as I am writing this right now, I was volunteering at Eager To Serve, generally helping with anything from improving the Eager To Serve's website to administrative assistance, and honestly I have learned many things from this experience. I have learned how to take the bus, how to be more responsible, and how to associate with people in a working environment. Believe me, I know this does not sound like anything, but for young man who isn't even out of high school and is unsure of what lies ahead, it means a lot knowing I can do certain things on my own". Kevin Williams, Age 18
- Earn Community Service Hours - When applying to colleges, volunteering makes your application more impressive. It helps establish your personality in your resume. When colleges see that you have volunteered they believe you are a person who cares about other people.
- Improve The Quality of Life For Others- Volunteering helps other people in need. For example, at ETS' Country Club Day Camp, we help children by making their lives constructive, fun, and educational during the summer.
- A Chance To Give Back- Whether you are doing well in life or struggling through it, it is always good to give. When you give, people recognize that, and are ready to help when you need it.
For more information visit livc.org or contact us now.